The Education and Workforce Development Cabinet’s mission is to educate, prepare and train Kentucky’s current and future workforces. Our goal is create and make continuous improvements to an education and workforce system that prepares Kentuckians for the 21st century workforce, while helping businesses find the skilled workers they need to compete and create jobs in the Commonwealth.
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation empowers individuals with disabilities to maximize employment, achieve economic self-sufficiency and independence, and to contribute back to society. We also help businesses and employers recruit, retain and accommodate employees with disabilities.
We are seeking a Facilities Security Officer at the Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center (CDPVTC) to perform duties necessary to ensure the security of the facility and grounds and to ensure the safety of consumers, staff, and visitors of a state facility. This job does not have arrest powers.
- Conducts security checks and rounds by walking throughout designated areas of the facility and grounds; reports actual or potential safety hazards and equipment malfunctions observed; reports actual or alleged policy violations and safety concerns regarding consumers, staff, and visitors; confronts individuals who are on facility grounds without permission; completes thorough and accurate shift reports regarding observations and responses to those observations.
- Monitors behaviors and performs intervention and problem resolution techniques with consumers, staff, and visitors; thoroughly and accurately documents problems and behavioral incidents and forward that documentation to appropriate staff; monitors the lobby/reception area and answer incoming calls when needed.
- Attends to the needs of consumers by transporting them to and from the facility as needed and by assisting them with dorm-living issues such as gathering needed supplies or performing minor maintenance tasks; checks consumers in and out of the facility appropriately using the CDPVTC pass system; checks facility vehicles in and out for staff use.
- Ensures the security of the buildings and grounds by locking and unlocking doors and driveway gates as scheduled and/or as needed.
- Conducts and/or participates in facility emergency procedure and drill; complete reports concerning the effectiveness of those emergency procedures and drills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Kentucky Department of Education (EWDC) participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. KDE will only use E- Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that EWDC has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 999-897-7781 or https://dhs.gov/e-verify .